Sunday, November 21, 2010

Well this works!

So I woke up this morning to my tire being flat I kind of expected it, so I changed my tire but since I didn't have any better of a tire I was still fighting to keep it inflated. I could ride about 7 miles until it was flat and I had to pump it up again. With the really strong head wind I was not moving very far or quickly and I will admit I let it defeat me. I was tired from the day before, and not in the mood to keep wrestling with my tire. So during one of my stops to pump up my tire I decided to stick my thumb out. Sure enough a woman in a pickup truck pulled over, I feel bad but I think her name was Ellen... Turns out she was headed to Austin, so I loaded my bike and myself in to the back of the truck and off we went!
It was nice riding in the back of a truck again. It is probably one of my favorite ways to travel, to get to see everything and just enjoy the ride. She drove me all the way to north Austin, I am about 12 miles from the place I hope to stay... It feels really good. I feel a tad guilty getting the ride all the way in, but it's all a part of the adventure, I didn't expect this trip to be strickly riding anyway. So here I am. It feels good to be here and I am excited to actually maybe settle down for a bit. What I really want is some Thai food, so that will be my first thing to look for! Haha. Alright well this is the end of riding for a but but I will keep updating. I hope to find some places to volunteer at while I am here and as well I could really use a bit of work, as my funds are running very low. Anyway I will update again as soon as possible. Much love and alohas.

No comments:

Post a Comment