Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The real day one Flagstaff to Holbrook

Alohas everyone, so I know I said I was leaving yesterday but there was a pretty strong head wind and I had the opportunity to make a little money. So instead I left today. I rode to Holbrook in 6 hours which I am feeling good about because that is about a 90 mile ride. Considering I hadnt rode more than 40 miles in 8 years I am feelin pretty damn good. The first part of the ride was beautiful a bit of a head wind and a tad chilly but absolutely perfect. I got off to a late start leaving at about 8:30 but made really good time. I stopped first in Winslow and hung out there for about an hour before cruising the rest of the way to Holbrook. The second part of the trip got a lot tougher I was ver tired and my knee started to give me problems. But I think it is just getting used to the work load and will strengthen up over time. Tomorrow I am aiming for just past gallop in new Mexico. I am aiming for my first ever century ride so we will see how that goes.
I would like to mention the donation button available to the right of the screen. I want to let you know that you do not need to donate a large quantity of money by any means. Even just 5 dollars feeds me for a day. As well the more donations I get the sooner I will be able to start working on my main goal of setting up community gardens everywhere I go! :) I greatly appreciate all of the support I have received. Much love and aloha to you all. I will try to write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment